Friday 6 January 2012

Tulipmania


Tulipmania - Palette Knives on Canvas

Flowers bring beauty into my life, my mother adored her garden, flowers and plants.
I grew up knowing about them, learning how to care for them and sharing my
mothers passion for them but I think for me it was the colour that captivated me.
The way mother nature painted such elaborate colours on such delicate petals.

 I try to capture this in my paintings but so often feel I have failed, Tulipmania shows the
other side of flowers the splash of intense colour that burns into the soul and the spirit.

When I look at flowers I think of my mother and how she enjoyed them but I also think about her funeral
for she had a blanket of flowers that covered her, my father spent a hundred pounds on this 'Coffin Blanket'
I asked him why did you spend so much money, he said because he never brought her enough flowers
when she was alive.
 There is a moral there, you just have to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment