Wednesday 21 March 2012

Terrance Turtle - Sunday Afternoon Swim!

I have resisted the tempation to paint a sea turtle for so long, more so as it's a popular subject but the colours appeal to me
so when a friend gave me a photo of a seaturtle and said ' I saw this and thought of you'
I couldn't resist any more. I had sourced the canvas as I wanted to paint it in Acrylics and on a larger size,
No gridding, only freehand this time, I didn't want to tie my self in just relax and paint!



First Coat... The turtle actually took about 12 layers before I was happy!

Close up of Terrance

Finished painting, the camera didn't pick it up so well..

I like this face the most!

------------------------ Stop Press ----------------------

I kept looking at the painting.. not happy so I have painted out the fishes and now the painting looks
like this and I am much happier about it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment