Thursday 21 January 2016

Two Fairy Paintings

 
I thought I would try something totally out of my comfort zone, paint fairies with watercolours.
It's true as an artist it's good to push your boundaries, try something new, play around with silly idea's / subject.
I thought I would try it with watercolours, using 140 Lb cold press
 



Base layers in, salting done
 I really had to stop & think before painting
with Acrylics you paint from dark to light.
with watercolours you paint from light to dark!



At this stage I had to walk away & come back at it with fresh eyes
 
 

 

 


Finished, happy -

Elfin, The Potion Keeper
She holds the knowledge to everything you seek.



=======================================

Eirlys (snowdrop) The Promise Maker

Mixed Media, Watercolour, Salting & Acrylics
On Watercolour Paper
140 Lb Cold Pressed (NOT)



Most of the painting is done with watercolours
green , phthalo blue & yellow hues

I like her elf like features, she looks like she is up to no good
but she promises you that wishes will come true if
you believe!!





If you would like to see more of my work
Go to my online Gallery page
http://www.artgallery.co.uk/artist/super_cosmic

No comments:

Post a Comment