Tuesday 10 July 2012

A birthday gift from nature..



So Yesterday was the anniversary of my birth, I can now confirm I have been on this earth 37 years.
I always get a bit down on my birthday, I yurn for that family Bond, a party, cards, presents a bit of a fuss..
My parents were a bit long in the tooth to go through all the party stuff when I came along and if it wasn't for my
eldest sister I would never have had the few I did. All through my life, no one has ever thought me worthy or special enough to make the effort of making my birthday special and now still
I get no presents no cake, no candles, no parties no fuss just a couple of cards.

I spent my birthday sat alone on the sofa with my dog, it would have been all doom and gloom
until I fired up my laptop and logged into facebook.
There waiting for me; A whole page of birthday wishes from around the world!
Totally overwhelmed I spent the day replying to them all and saying thank you.

I started the year with a bucket list of all the things I wanted to achieve this year, 7 months in I haven't ticked one
of the list so I have crossed out the work bucket and it is now a fuck-it list

My only gift yesterday was from nature her self, this heavily scented velvet rose from my garden
So beautiful I had to photograph it and share...x



No comments:

Post a Comment