Friday 6 July 2012

Jean Haines at the Stockbridge Gallery

Five In a Row by Jean Haines
I am told that most artist admire work of other artist's whether it's the great masters or current top artist.
I am not such a cult follower, I don't involve my self in the current art world or it's gossip, I am a artist because I live to paint and it brings me great joy. my artwork is a mere by product.
I do like some of Monet's work and studied this at college, I have even been to Giverny many years ago. I see art in everything and I love all forms of art some more then others, I see colours and beauty when other do not.

However I am very fond of one current artist one being Jean Haines who's exhibition in Stockbridge I had chance to see as this was my old village and I was passing through.
I have just completed my second year In watercolours and still have so much to learn, I love her style the colours, the looseness and concept, I have tried painting in washes and I can tell you it's not as easy as it looks.

She has a book out at the moment, Which I would love to own but my pennies do not stretch that far at the mo but it's on my wish list along with attending one of her workshops!

The Stockbridge Gallery
http://www.dogsinart.com/jean-haines-exhibition





Atmospheric Watercolours - painting with freedom, expression and style
is a wonderfully inspirational book by renowned watercolourists Jean Haines

Also See:
http://www.jeanhaines.com/news?id=53


By The Way!

I also like local artist Anerurin Jones, I have never seen his work in person but would really like too, I admire the mistiness of his work, it makes you stand back and half shut your eyes to focus on it and then the magic does appear. it's very inspiring and he cleverly captures the welsh atmosphere too!
http://www.aneurinjones.co.uk/index.html

I used to love Leonids Afremov's work but now I see he's just selling his soul, To me this isn't a way of a real artist.
I am not wise enough to make a comment but I just feel it's wrong, However some of his work is still stirring.
http://afremov.com/index.php

No comments:

Post a Comment